Monday, July 4, 2011

Regaining His Voice: John’s Story

How old were you at the time of the assault(s)?
3 years old & 18 years old

How old are you currently?
41

Did you know the person(s) who committed the assault(s)?
Yes

Did you tell anyone about the assault(s) at the time?
Yes

Did the assault(s) go to a court trial? Was there a sentencing? If so, how long?
No

Do you think they will commit sexual assault again?
I don’t think the first person will commit sexual assault again. I do believe the second person will commit sexual assault again.

What would you like to say to others about sexual assault?
Sexual assault is not fair and there is not enough awareness about sexual assault against males committed by females.

What would you like to say about this project?
I am thankful for such an opportunity to share my story.

My story:
My condition has taken me from being about to do 100 push-ups a minute; to becoming so depressed I could only do 1 pushup. The abuse I experienced made me an extremely shy guy, that engaged in few social activities, in fact I was shy to the point that I couldn’t even eat or drink in front of females. I thought I was at a point in my life that I was going to be okay and survive from being sexually abused at ages 3 and 18 until my drill sergeant further aggravated what had not been healed or emotional issues that had never addressed. I suffered from posttraumatic stress my relationships with my daughters did not exist because of the posttraumatic stress that my mind, body, spirit and soul has withstood since the age of 3. I joined the Army; to provide for my family, my children and all others before myself, that is how lived and learned to be. Now I have learned to live for God first then care for myself so that I may care for my children, family and all others. I pray to remain this way whether I am abused, misused or accused. Thank you kindly for hearing my story and I pray to start healing at some point because I’ve been hurting inside for a very long time and I just need some support from all of the angelic people that I know God has on this earth that will hear my cry and will pray for me. Thank you.

*** Click Here Share Your Story ***

No comments: